Specifically designed for the Mom and Dad on the go to assist with those nasty diaper changes, the BBS can be used to help clean up any messy situation.
The BBS is a small, hand-held device that delivers soap (pH neutral emollient based) and water or just WATER whenever it’s needed. It is activated by a simple squeeze of the bottle making it simple and easy to use in the messiest of situations.
It holds enough solution to clean up to 10 wet diaper changes or dirty hands while taking up minimal space.
EASY TO REFILL
Step 1. Simply unscrew the base & fill with a small amount of neutral pH balanced emollient based wash, or what you are using at bath-time, or just WATER.
Step 2. Fill with lukewarm water to dilute the solution. Follow the manufacturers guidelines.
Step 3. Twist back on the base & you're ready to go. Simply squeeze to spray.
Ordered two (one for the changing table and one for the diaper bag) in June and they arrived almost immediately. My husband and I love them. We don’t use wipes as result which saves us lots of money. We spray with the baby bum shower and use baby wash cloths. It makes me confident knowing exactly what is going onto my baby’s body (we just use water) and that this product makes diapers changes that much easier.
Super easy to use, and gives me peace of mind that my babies bum is getting clean!
BORN OUT OF NECESSITY
Founded by twin sisters, Jess & Samantha who were determined to find an easy to use, environmentally friendly solution to wasteful single-use wipes.
When faced with changing her niece’s dirty diaper in the back of a car, Jess, who is a registered nurse of 11 years and mother of three, had her light bulb moment.
With no way to effectively clean the baby’s bottom without using a heap of wipes and no way of easily wash her hands after properly, she knew there must of been a better solution.
Then the Baby Bum Shower was born. An easy reusable on-the-go solution to cleaning your baby’s bottom and your hands.
Hear from our customers
Diaper Bag Essential
We loved using the baby bum shower! It’s super easy to use. It’s compact, you can just throw it into the diaper bag or even a small bag for those quick trips.
Its super handy to clean your hands with after you’ve changed a dirty diaper and even the older kids hands and feet when they’re out and about. Highly recommend.
Georgia from Los Angles, California
Small, Compact & Convenient
As a mum with 2 kids who have sensitive skin, the baby bum allows me to choose what’s going on my child’s skin.
The baby bum is not only good for diaper changes, it’s perfect for washing dirty hands. I also like that you don’t have to constantly fill it up with water as a little goes a long way.
Melanie from Houston, Texas
Questions & Answers
The BBS is a small, hand-held device that delivers soap (pH neutral emollient based) and water or just WATER whenever it's needed. It is activated by a simple squeeze of the bottle making it simple and easy to use in the messiest of situations. It holds enough solution to clean up to 10 wet nappy changes or dirty hands while taking up minimal space.
As registered, practising nurses and mothers, the BBS founding team have a strong understanding of the importance of hygiene. Upon examining general parental nursery practices, it became apparent that there were many opportunities to do better as:
1. Soap (emollient based, pH neutral) and water were often excluded from the process. 2. Some products used contain potential skin irritants. Alcohol hand gels don’t remove residue. 3. Some products used were not suitable for sensitive skin. 4. Effectively cleaning hard to reach areas was often difficult. 5. Some products were inadequate in cleaning up the dreaded explosion!, this requires water. 6. There is no option to wash your hands after changing a nappy, when out and about. Some public toilets, don’t always have a hand wash available.
According to one study, “Hand washing reduces diarrhoea episodes by 30%".¹ Poor hygiene both in the cleaning process of changing nappies and long term hand hygiene habits directly contribute to these statistics(Ejemot-Nwadiaro, Ehiri, Arikpo, Meremikwu, & Critchley, 2015).
It has been recommended by industry professionals to “use gentle and no scented soap and water to clean the diaper area, paying special attention to the folds" (Brucker, McGuire, Merrill, Rossing, & Sayaseng, 2015).
1. Just unscrew the lid (at the bottom of the device) and fill the device with water.
2. Choose a neutral pH balanced emollient based wash or just WATER. What you use during bath time, should be used. Follow the chosen manufacturers guidelines for dilution ratio.
3. Screw the lid back on.
4. Undo the Nappy/Diaper, but leave insitu
5. Ensure the The silicone 'smurf hat' nests between your thumb and finger, allowing for full comfort and control as you juggle your tricky situation.
6. Gentle pressure on the 'smurf hat' emits a soft squirt, over the area being cleaned with any residue washing into the wet/dirty nappy.
7. For wet nappies/pads, rinse the entire area in contact with urine, and remove the wet nappy/pad, and replace with clean nappy/pad. You can pat dry the area gently or air dry. Air drying is the recommended strategy if able. Ensuring the nappy/pad is securely fit and placed into creases, the area air dries efficiently ensuring no area is left moist.
8. Dirty nappies, the soft squirt, works to help soften/remove residue first, into the dirty nappy. Approx 2-3 wipes are then used to remove thicker components into the nappy. To finish off with further spray over the area to ensure thoroughly clean. Remove and air dry, with correct placement of new nappy/pad as point 7.
9. It is recommend a barrier cream be applied at every nappy change to assist in maintaining skin barrier function.
Literature compares numerous methods of cleansing practices with more required to guide practice. Data suggests continuous wiping can disrupt barrier function.
Wipes are limited in that they have the potential to “provide an ideal environment for microbial growth, so they should contain appropriate, well-tolerated preservatives” (Blume-Peytavi & Kanti, 2018).
This could be an issue for ‘allergic contact dermatitis’, sufferers.Having the ability to choose your solution, helps to address this.
The Baby Bum Shower is portable so can be used anywhere, anytime. We suggest having one sit in the Lounge room, baby room/change table, and nappy bag for convenience.
This will vary slightly depending on WET v DIRTY nappy changes for the day. The Baby Bum Shower holds approx 100mls, and covers approximately 10 nappy changes, depending on the amount of water emitted during each change.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection